Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Counter-Strike Source and Day of Defeat: Source Servers

• Please log in to reply

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi all,

I have recently started a couple of servers, one server running a 64 man CSS Server, and another running a 32 man DoD Server. So far I'm getting 0/64 and 0/32 :whistling:.

I would like them to become populated, I'm paying for bandwidth that isn't getting used! For those interested, the servers can be found at:

Counter Strike Source : 82.138.240.17:27015
Day of Defeat Source: 82.138.240.14:27015

I currently have 3 admins, I guess I will need more as the server becomes more populated, so get in my good books. Both servers run on a 100mbit connection (the CSS server will soon be 1gb connection) so if any yanks want to play, try it, and give me a rough idea of your ping! The server is based in the UK at London Docklands in Redbus Interhouse 2.

If you would like any more information, just ask me!

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
64 man CSS server thats actually quite a rare beast ive only played in a few like that with custom maps(big ones) what maps do you use some of the originals get a bit overcrowded with 64 players.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hey warriorscot, sad to say I've changed both the servers. They are both CSS now, one is a Surf Server, the other a Zombie Mod server. Later next week I will be making another 32 player CSS deathmatch server. I found people like the modified CSS more, get more hits - what I'm aiming for!

Add the servers to your steam list and refresh them, you'll see what each is - and thanks for taking interest!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
to bad you took DoD down.

you can also add bots, that also helps to keep traffic up.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah its probably just because there wasnt enough players to peak an interest once you get a few real players more tend to appear. Im afraid i wont be on the servers i dont play either surf or zombie the reason for more traffic is they are a bit of a niche, zombie is allright on occasion but its a bit of a waste of good servers they are usually only on the smaller servers. Its good fun to play zombie on occasion but its pretty boring after a while.

If you want more player instead of custom game modes get some high quality custom maps with a 64 man server you can run some of the larger customs that are quite good. I probably would have switched the DoD to another game rather than a niche game mode, probably fear Combat since its free now the online community has got bigger for it they just need to adjust the balance and itll be a really good game.