Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows bugs

• Please log in to reply

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I think it would help if you left out those marked as "Object is locked skipped"

There is nothing wrong with those files, they were just in use at the time of the scan.
That should shorten the log quite a bit.

Regards,

Advertisements

rangers01

rangers01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for you reply.All the items in the log are marked as"object is locked skipped" so i presume i dont need to include them.As you can see from my post reply of today at 5.09pm the start part states that nothing dangerous or suspicious was found so i presume that sorts that one out.Please get back and let me know.Thanks Rangers01

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Can you let me know which AntiVirus ou are actually using?

I saw AVG and AntiVir in your log and two resident AV's is not a good idea.

Regards,

rangers01

rangers01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks metallica, my system seems to be working good now.I understand what youre saying about running more than one av.I am now just using avast av but i have got prevx1 for malware,its only on a trial and i have anti-spyware e.g avg anti-spyware,spyware blaster and ad-aware.Does this sound alright?I have been learning more from your links and i have visited your website (Pieter Arntz) which is useful.I would like to fully disinfect my computer and completely clean it of anything which is possibly hiding or whatever.Would appreciate any suggestions of next steps etc.Appreciated your help so far,signing off, thanks,
RANGERS01

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Your security setup looks good. :whistling:

But the most important factor is always the awareness of the lurking dangers.
Use your head and not your click-finger.
Keep everything updated and be carefull.

Glad we could help. :blink: