Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SpywareQuake problems Ultimate Defender Windows installing

• Please log in to reply

sfox8

sfox8

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well, I followed the instructions in the SpywareQuake guide up until the last part of the Roguescan steps. There were more files that needed to be deleted so I said Yes to let it restart. After it restarted, I got a small windows installation screen saying "Installing Copy"... "Please wait while windows configures Copy".. etc. with a loading bar. Finally it said "Internal Error 2908". If I press ok, it pops up again, and again and again saying Internal Error.
It also takes forever to restart when this copy install screen is open. If it restarts at all.
After I downloaded smitrem.exe and extracted it, I was going to restart the computer into safe mode, but it wouldnt restart with the Copy Installation open. I can't close it because no matter how many times I click cancel, it will keep popping back up.

I tried manually turning off the computer and turning it back on. When I tried to start with Safe Mode, it wouldnt let me and a bunch of errors came up that directed to the System32 folder. (can't remember the exact directories), so I restarted with Normal Mode like usual.

I also noticed the yellow sign in my taskbar that keeps saying "System Alert: Malware threats". I also have ultimate defender installed. I didn't install it myself. It came from Spyware Quake.

Please help. Is there a way for me to remove these things? It's slowing down my computer so much. Is it okay to go through the smitrem steps without going into safe mode, since I can't? I need urgent help. I don't know what to do and I need my computer from projects and many important things.

Advertisements