Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help plz

• Please log in to reply

cXm

cXm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
2 days ago i must have open a file that contained a self installing file that would make my computer show pop ups every time that i was connected to the internet. i went lookin for this file in the windows folder and might have deleted a very important folder that shouldnt b deleted i guess. now my system restore wont work, i dunno if i can install new programs on my machine and my task manager wont work either.

i dunno which files i deleted so im really annoyed to say the least. plz pretty plz help!!!!O_o

Advertisements

cXm

cXm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh yh just found out tht my error checker and run.exe aint workin at all. im really pissed about system restore. this is wat comes up everytime i run it:

system restore has been turned off
do u wish turn it on

then i click yes. then dis comes up

system restore encountered an error trying to enable/disable one or more drives. pls restart your machine and try again

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi, welcome to geeks
Yes that is an infection that needs to be seen to
but this is the wrong forum
here is the link to the right forum
but before posting there follow the step mentioned in the link

http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

close this thread please

Edited by fleamailman, 18 October 2006 - 08:58 PM.

cXm

cXm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
2 days ago i must have open a file that contained a self installing file that would make my computer show pop ups every time that i was connected to the internet. i went lookin for this file in the windows folder and might have deleted a very important folder that shouldnt b deleted i guess. then i went to the program file and deleted that one. now my system wont work properly.

i found out that the run.exe is gone, my task manager is turned offand wont turn on and system restore wont at all. this is wat comes up everytime i run it:

"system restore has been turned off
do u wish turn it on"

then i click yes. then dis comes up

"system restore encountered an error trying to enable/disable one or more drives. pls restart your machine and try again"

i dunno which files i deleted so im really annoyed to say the least. plz pretty plz help!!!!O_o

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 19 October 2006 - 03:39 AM.

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
See if this might help:

http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
You also may have to reinstall System Restore.

Instructions here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairsr.htm