Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Rollback RX

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I go to a laptop based university and they installed this program Rollback RX. It has been a huge pain for all the students. It keeps eating up space. I have a C and D drive the program is making them have the same amount of space free on both and the amount of free space is reducing slowly. It went down by about 200Mb over night. The IT service people have no clue what is going on there answer to everything is format, format format. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this program and if they have any suggestions to try and fix this problem.

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,585 posts
did the university provide the laptop or does it belong to you? Do you have access to the program? Are these the university technicians who are suggesting a "format"?

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP

Windows System Restore uses 5-15% disk space per snapshot. RollBack Rx only uses 0.07%

i wonder how frequently they've set their snapshot schedule?