Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rollback RX

• Please log in to reply

DashnSlash

DashnSlash

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I go to a laptop based university and they installed this program Rollback RX. It has been a huge pain for all the students. It keeps eating up space. I have a C and D drive the program is making them have the same amount of space free on both and the amount of free space is reducing slowly. It went down by about 200Mb over night. The IT service people have no clue what is going on there answer to everything is format, format format. Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this program and if they have any suggestions to try and fix this problem.

Thx

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
did the university provide the laptop or does it belong to you? Do you have access to the program? Are these the university technicians who are suggesting a "format"?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Windows System Restore uses 5-15% disk space per snapshot. RollBack Rx only uses 0.07%

i wonder how frequently they've set their snapshot schedule?