Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with the graphics driver

• Please log in to reply

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
check your PMs....

Advertisements

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
ill give a screen shot of wat is happening

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
okay?!?! the screenshot wont work :tazz: gerry do u use msn messenger

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ok, set it up....

check your pms for email

shreef

shreef

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[email protected] :tazz:

??

Can't get the standard vga driver...?

Isn't that what you have loaded now? I don't know what you mean....

What happens when you try to install it?

In device manager, (right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES< choose HARDWARE), any yellow !s?

View Post

armoredcore9870

armoredcore9870

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, i also have a VAIO, but mines a PCG FRV37 laptop, and it gave me the same message. It starts the install of the ATI driver and then tells you it could not find the video driver or something like that and you need to configure your card to work with a standard vga driver. please help, because now i cant run CS:source!

armoredcore9870

armoredcore9870

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Mine has the same graphics card. Look, something you should probably know is that the d*** video card isn't listed on the ATI website. Anywhere. And I mean on the discontinued products list, current products, upcoming produccts list, it doesnt even have any articles related to it. Oh yeah, try doing VAIO SYSTEM RECOVERY. It works sometimes and other times it'll screw things up more, but its the best chance youve got

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
do you know the model for your vid card?
a great source for drivers is, www.driverguide.com
they usually have the drivers i need so hope they can help you.

armoredcore9870

armoredcore9870

• Pip
  • 3 posts
its the ATI radeon 345m and thanks for the driver info Azraelbut it still doesn't work. :tazz:

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
ok sorry for the late reply havent been on lately, umm with the ATI drivers you need to download that cristalys or w/e its called right off the ati website, they have most of the drivers for there products but im guessing you have already tried this, well another thing that might be possible is un installing the driver and restarting your machine, and this problem might be coused byu a conflict, with the IRQ's on the PC im sorry that i dont remember the command at the moment to check if it is this thats the problem ill get back to you on this.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
This is a maddening problem that I have only encountered with that chipset ati 354m. I even went so far as to remotely take over the original posters machine and try it myself to no avail. My last thought involved something that would require a user to be offline, and I emailed him the directions and never heard back from him, so for all I know it killed his Operating system

The problem is (or maybe) that the registry key is protected and cannot be changed while using the computer-- or it is something completely unrelated.

I had looked everywhere and never found someone who had a solution and posted it online, but the very worst thing is that I actually fixed this stupid problem once on a machine I had in front of me but that was more than a year ago and I cannot for the life of me recall what I did.

I'd love to get my hands on such a machine and give it another crack....

delica88

delica88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
hey not all hope is lost my os is still runnin but.. its still screwed gerry u need to go on msn sometime so u can have another crack my dad wants to take it to sony and theyll have it for weeks so get on :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I just don't do chat on a regular basis....was wondering why you didn't respond to my email....cannot even remember what it said, to be honest.....

azreal

azreal

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
well just so u kno i just remembered, something like this that i worked on before, unfortunatly the solution was, giveing th eperson a new video card becouse that one conflicted with the all famous PCI1 IRQ's. but switching it did the trick.

right now im learning to be a Certified IT Pro but with problems like this, heh thats one of the reason that i joined this site so i could help out when ever i could and if i needed help i had somewhere to go, unfortunatly im not a person that goes on the net soo often.

is this card an onboard card or an AGP/PCI,
if i knew a bit mroe like which IRQ's it was useing i could help you out a bit more but like this i cant sorry. Ohh yah and with sony some of the customers i have tha have sent things to sony havent gotten them back for a month or so, or as i suggested they had there card replaced with a crappier one, that they probably had to pay for.

buisness makes the world go around, if there was non then we would live going backwards, in a much cleaner and safer world,(gangs and pickpockets are all buisness men when you think about it.)

sorry my philosofical side turned on, but regardless what i say i know i suck at spelling :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the ati34m is an integrated chipset cpu solution for laptops...it is integrated.

That said, now that you mention it......that sounds very familiar. I think that is how I addressed it before and it was a IRQ conflict.

delica88 (or whoever)

Go to device manager, right click and uninstall the Soundcard, modem, Network interface card, usb host controllers and root hubs AND THE DISPLAY ADAPTER. Reboot, but don't let windows start

Instead, drop into BIOS, look for anything that is integrated---NIC, audio, USB, modem all come to mind.

Switch them all from ENABLED to DISABLED.

Now, reboot, let windows reinstall the display adapter. If it installs the write one, fine, if not, install with the drivers you got from manufacturers. Reboot again.

Then drop into BIOS and re-enable each device one at a time, then start windows, then reboot, enable, reboot, enable.....

(crossing fingers)