Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bad files

• Please log in to reply

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hello my hard drive crashed a week ago and i used the program "easy file recovery pro" by ontrack it recovered all my files but all the files that it recovered(music,programs,movies,pictures,tect documents) do not work do you know how to fix this or repair the files thank you

Advertisements

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi there,

Was the program you mentioned a mcafee product??

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hi there,

Was the program you mentioned a mcafee product??

no it was an ontrack program

exparisstevie

exparisstevie

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi there,

OK (no issue), here is a help page for that app;

http://www.ontrack.c...610guide_en.pdf

Hope this helps some and if not.... By all means shout back!!!

Stevie
:whistling:

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hi there,

OK (no issue), here is a help page for that app;

http://www.ontrack.c...610guide_en.pdf

Hope this helps some and if not.... By all means shout back!!!

Stevie
:whistling:

thank so much for helping but im not not seeing any thign about music or image files i do not have the bad hard drive any more i sent it back i have all the data that got recovered on a external drive

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi fastdudez28...

What happens when you try the file? Do you get an access denied or permissions error?

wannabe1

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Hi fastdudez28...

What happens when you try the file? Do you get an access denied or permissions error?

wannabe1

hello like the music says missing extenstion the movie files say invaid format the achives says invaild archive all the exe files are dos icons now and the text documents when u open them its just a blank file

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Can you choose a small file and attach it here for me? Zip it before you try to attach it.

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Can you choose a small file and attach it here for me? Zip it before you try to attach it.

hello i included a few different types of files liek i put one song one document one picture one zip that dont work thank you so much

Attached Files

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Well...those were pretty well shredded. :whistling: I can see why they won't open, there really nothing left to open.

Do you still have the raw data that was recovered...or better yet, the drive they are on so we can try another recovery using a different recovery application?

Edited by wannabe1, 19 October 2006 - 11:05 PM.

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Well...those were pretty well shredded. :whistling: I can see why they won't open, there really nothing left to open.

Do you still have the raw data that was recovered...or better yet, the drive they are on so we can try another recovery using a different recovery application?

no i dont have the drive any more i sent it back to HP so they would not charge me for the replacemnt drive i did not do a raw recovery i did advanced recovery when i tried to do a raw recovery it would not work withoout many errors

fastdudez28

fastdudez28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

no i dont have the drive any more i sent it back to HP so they would not charge me for the replacemnt drive i did not do a raw recovery i did advanced recovery when i tried to do a raw recovery it would not work withoout many errors