Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a wav to text convertor

• Please log in to reply

voltman

voltman

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I need a wav to text convertor is there any freeware or dese XP have this feature?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
wav to text?.....er uh...what?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
lol, wav as in Audio wav files.

voltman

voltman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
yes wav file I need to be able to take notes from my voice recorder and convert them to text
thanks

OR_Mtn_Man

OR_Mtn_Man

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Windows XP has speech recognition. You can access it via Control Panel / Speech. I have never used it, but in looking at the first page when I clicked on it you will probably need a microphone and play the file with the speaker close to the microphone. There might be a way to do direct input, but I will leave that to someone more familiar with that kind of thing. It also appears that you will have to 'train' the speech to text converter to understand your speaking voice/pronunciation.

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
If you use speech rcognition in windows xp, if you want to convert digital files, than all you need to do is:

1. create a new profile & train it (it should be a fairly quick).
2. in the "Speech recognition" tab press "audio input" (under the microphone pane).
3. select "prefferd input device".
4. in the drop box select the name of your speaker system (eg. mine is: "Avance AC97 Audio").
5. start voice rcognition recording.
6. play your digital file (eg. using windows media player).

the software should record & convert any sound coming through your sound card.