Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks Gaming!

• Please log in to reply

Nerelda

Nerelda

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
GTG Server for UT2K4 not working or something? I've tried several times, several different days to connect to it, but never can. Any thoughts on this?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

The free game server is being discontinued due to lack of interest. :tazz:

I was going to give it another month, but I just looked at the stats, and no one has really even used it for a week. You can see it was used a little from 4/7-4/13.

This server costs $159+/mo to operate, it's just not a good use of resources, if it's not being used. It could host 100 simultaneous users, yet I doubt we've ever broken 10.

It should be operational through May 5th. We may try it again some time in the future, but we see no need to continue it now.

View Post

server has been taken down.

D_SnipA.L.

D_SnipA.L.

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Sometimes they do wrok to it or sometimes it just doesnt work what isp do you have? mine was down on the master server but if you go to zarkrifle.com and add the ips there to your favorites they will get a ping result no matter what the master server is doing. Add thos then let me know how it goes.

Posted Image

Edited by D_SnipA.L., 03 June 2005 - 04:00 PM.