Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD For the lose :( (need help plz)

• Please log in to reply

Ianmrz

Ianmrz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, i just had a stop error 0000007a, Paremeter 1=c0718fb0, Paremeter 2=c000009c , Paremeter 3= e31f6148, Paremeter 4=0a8c28c0. i really hate this error and I read the general solutions for this error and some parameters that I have are not included. I really need help on this problem Ive had it before but with different parameters or error i think not sure. In the end i had to Change the Hard drive, which later after using for 5 days my System board died. And i finally took it to an HP center to fix it which took 1 month to fix my laptop. My laptop is a HP Pavilion Dv1000. Im really a newbie in computer stuff, i can only use basic stuff. But any hep with instructions is welcome. I really want to try to avoid to buy a new hard drive. Please respond as soon as possible before my error gets worse.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hi, welcome to geeks
remember I am working blind so bare with me
also if you haven't mentioned it yet:
- what model of computer
- what os, XPpro or home
- how old is it

Ianmrz

Ianmrz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My cpu is A laptop HP pavilion Dv1000, Windows XP home edition, and its about 1 yr old

Edited by Ianmrz, 22 October 2006 - 12:26 PM.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
stop error 0000007a is probably one of your drivers

you may need to update it or it maybe missing

question >>>>>>> do you have printer

if so what type....make and model number

Ianmrz

Ianmrz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No i dont have a printer, I usually mail my work to myself and print it on my desktop. And I ran the HP driver test to the compatability and says it was fine.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Personally i would ask H-P for an exchange laptop as your seems to be problem prone. Again your error usually has to do with hardware, and most often it's the hard drive. Since you have already replaced it and the motherboard i would try to get a different model or a replacement laptop. Yours seems to be a lemon.

The following are all common causes of STOP Messages 0x00000077 and 0x0000007A:
• The paging file contained a bad block.
• If the page file is on a SCSI device, the trap could have been caused by improper termination.
• Bad cabling from hard disk to controller.
• An error on the disk controller.
• Running out of non-paged pool resources on the server.
Frequently, the cause of these traps can be determined from the second of the 4 hexadecimal parameters included in the first line of the STOP Message.

0xC000009C STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR, generally due to bad block on the
drive.

You might try running memtest86 on the laptop but i suspect thats not the problem. It does not hurt to be sure the memory is good. If you know the manuf of the HD you can run their diagonistic programs on the drive to see what you get. Other then a few bad sectors or blocks says the drive is dying.

SRX660