Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP is SLOW

• Please log in to reply

theBoar

theBoar

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi guys, need your help with something. My computer has been running extremely slow for the past couple of weeks, i'm not sure whats wrong. The startup and shutdown take forever to complete, but i only have a couple of application running so it doesn't make any sense to me. I've also noticed that opening programs takes longer than it used to, and if thats not enough, my internet speed has dropped a lot aswell (although i suspect thats my ISP's fault). What should i do. In my Task Manager my System Idle Process is never under 98%, could that be the reason for my problems? This is really frustrating me cuz i keep my computer in good shape and recover my system frequently. Any ideas??? THANKS

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ctrl... alt....delete

what process is running the highest in percent %

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Try the link below, it has tweeks to speed up your computer.

Softpedia

theBoar

theBoar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I have about 37 Processes running but all their CPU numbers are at '00', except for System Idle Process which is at '98'. My CPU usage is at between '0'-'2' % when i'm not running anything. And my commit charge is 212M/3366M. As far as that website is concerned I'm going to try that next