Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Query on Licences for XP PRO

• Please log in to reply

DaveC2003

DaveC2003

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi Guys,

This is my first time in this forum. I've just spent some money on an XP Pro upgrade but got another 4 computers with X Home which I would like to upgrade to Pro. Is it possible to purchase additional licences to the upgrade software I bought and is it expensive?

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Advertisements

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I believe so, but you would have to get them from Microsoft.

If you cant get individual licenses then you would have to get a copy of Xp for each CPU.

Check the EULA for more info.

Edit: if you know it would violate our TOS...why even mention it...even if to say "i know how but i can't tell you"

Edited by dsenette, 24 October 2006 - 08:28 AM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Yes you can purchase additional licenses as noted in the previous post but they are about the same cost as a complete install cd..

You would be just as wise purchasing the complete install kit. That way each system has it's own disk and key code !!

Murray