Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Extreme windows optimalization

• Please log in to reply

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I would like to share something about WinXP SP1.0a optimizing. The goal is folding machine - computer that shall start on mains power on, shut on power off button, fold (that require acess to net) and share my files on it's hdd for eMule and in my home 12 computers network.

That it is, nothing else.

Machine is setup, so, Plug and Pray as well, as net services can be disabled - because there is no need to edit them anymore, etc.

I would welcome suggestions what MORE to optimize, tough.

Now I can manage that on one of the machines (PC chips M810L mobo):

Posted Image
41MB ram used, and that is when looking at the machine by terminal, hehe. Cool, nope? But can be the rdclip, for example, removed? Or any other services there:

Posted Image

And now the main question - what could be also disabled THERE - using the Sysinternals Autoruns utility:

Posted Image

(a bit bigger image, but please let it stay for the optimitzing debate)

Advertisements