Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What to do, when IE did not opening movies?

• Please log in to reply

trodas

trodas

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Always after a fresh win install (after installing codecs and Win Media player 9 for WMV quick seeking) I end up in situation that instead of getting the requester "Open, Save, Cancel... Do not ask again" in IE after clicking on direct movie link in IE6, I got just a error, like the link is not valid. Usualy more clicking lead to complete wait for - well, nothing.

I fing out that just starting the Win Media Player 9 fix all that and IE finally ask me about the WMV file, the mpeg and mpg files as well. It does asked about rm/ram files corectly before, just these aren't much used, so... No gain.

But the real trouble now is the mov QT files. They are rare, yet I want them to play in BSplayer too, and not into some sort of build-in IE plugin. I deleted the plugin, but IE6 still not asking and play into new IE window instead of downloading the file to TMP dir and play from there using BSplayer - what now, guys? :blink: :whistling:

(using the QT Alternative v1.70)

Edited by trodas, 24 October 2006 - 03:16 PM.

Advertisements