Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Front Audio Ports

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
My Motherboard and Graphics card are both in working condition, brand new, however The front Audio ports on the Case do not work because I do not know how to connect the front audio ports to the sound card. I am looking for help because there are no help instructions from Creative and the manual won't tell me anything. I feel that this is my best hope.

The card is an Audigy SE
The Motherboard is a P4 titan GA-8VM800M-775

The cables that come out of the case have the words on it:

MIC, MIC BIAS, GND, FRONTAUDIO Right, Front Audio Left, Rear Audio Left, Rear Audio Right
The rear audio actually says return on them.

The only place I see on the Audio card is the "Creative Proprietary connector " But even if I guessed I don't want to break my sound card with a power short. (10 pins)

The motherboard has an area for Audio and it has 10 pins, is this the same area and should I just start testing things out?

Any Help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

CCMike

CCMike

Trusted Helper

• IRC Chat Staff
  • 40 posts
Immortalarena
I downloaded the manual for your motherboard and checked it over, the fornt side audio connector on your mother board is there and thats where you should start, the connections can be found on Pg. 22 of your motherboard manual.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction

CCMike

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I knew that the Motherboard had the front side audio ports, the real question is how to get the front audio pannels to work with the audio card, because I disable the onboard for the audio card. And it did not work for me.

Should I leave the onboard on and try to use both sound devices at the same time?

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
From what I can gather from here it might be possible, as this card has the same connector as yours.

--bmwboy
(Some guy made his own connector for this, see above link)

Edited by bmwboy, 27 October 2006 - 03:17 PM.

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Thanks, finally had time to call Creative and they told me that it was not possible in the least unless I wanted to upgrade the card to an uber expensive card, so I'll stick with the onboard for a while and return the card. Thank you for all your help.