Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

College Project...

• Please log in to reply

BARROS

BARROS

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Hey,

Ive got to do a project for college which is to make a website of around 7-8 pages. I know how to code webpages using dreamweaver/notepad, however I dont know what the website is going to be about.

Ive done 2 previous tasks for college on bands and I want a change... Can anyone think of a good subject to create a website on?

Obviously, copyright is a big issue in this due to the fact that the project is going to be hosted for a short time.

Any recommendations would be appreciated :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Pick a subject you know well, can take pictures for and can write about. For example, you could do your family history (genealogy) or your hobby, "rock collecting" or "How to build model ships inside a bottle". Profile your school, or a department in it. Do you know anyone with an interesting job or collection that wouldn't mind being on the Internet? When I do a site, I often sketch out an outline on pen and paper (but I'm old!) so I know what blanks I want to fill in.
Hope this helps.
Johanna

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
Yea, I sketch down how the site will look and what goes where etc, just the subject...

There is a cafe in my college and my lecturer has all the resources on it such as pictures, details etc...

Cheers :whistling:

Angst

Angst

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
OR you can go the other route, and try something that you have always been interested in, but never actually reasearched, or maybe one of your parent's occupations. For instance, if your dad is a Pro Paintball Player (doubt it, it's an example) try researching the history of paintball, and maybe do something on that. Go behind the scenes and stuff.

BARROS

BARROS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
I was actually thinking about doing somethin about paintballin'. Thats actually a good subject - the hirstory of paintball.

Nice one man, :whistling: :blink:

Angst

Angst

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Thanks. Good luck! :blink: :whistling:

Get Started HERE Yo.