Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counter-Strike

• Please log in to reply

xlambx

xlambx

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hey everyone.

Recently I formatted my computer, and this morning I installed all the drivers and programs again, but when it was time to play CS it just didn't feel right.

Whenever I would walk through a Smoke Grenade, my mouse would get really stiff and it would be really hard for me to gain control of it again until I would walk further away from the smoke. This problem NEVER occured to me in the past and I was wondering why it happens now.

After trying and trying I still can't figure out what the problem is, I tried turning off VSync, lowering the quality of the smoke, and even changing my monitor refresh rate and it still won't solve the problem. Anyways I hope someone could help me fix this problem because it is really bugging me.

Here are my CS settings & computer specs.

OPEN GL
800 x 600 (Windows Mode)
Display Mode : Normal
Color Quality : Highest (32 Bit)

AMD Athlon 3000+
1GB DDR RAM
ATI RADEON 9550 256MB DDR

All my motherboard and video card drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi;

Try reinstalling the chipset and video drivers. And try running it on a lower color quality.

Edited by SOORENA, 26 October 2006 - 06:21 PM.

xlambx

xlambx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yes. I have reformatted my computer and downloaded and installed the latest drivers. And I have tried the a lower quality. Medium 16bit, and High 32bit. My video driver is ATI Radeon Catalyst.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I'm not sure if this will help but try reinstalling the game.

xlambx

xlambx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I know for a fact this won't work because when I first found out about the problem, I formatted my computer. And when it had the problem I formatted again.

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey Lambert

Maybe you might not have enough RAM on your graphics card to surpport it or maybe your refresh rate it to high.

Good luck

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey Lambert

Maybe you might not have enough RAM on your graphics card to surpport it or maybe your refresh rate it to high.

Good luck

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
sorry about the double post