Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Streaming Video Problem.

• Please log in to reply

Dredginator

Dredginator

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Ok. I recently reformatted. I simply cannot stream video using WMP or QT players. If i save the file to my hard drive first, there are no problems viewing the content. When i visit youtube I also have no problems viewing their vids. All my video drivers are up to date on the card. (i am running on an nvidia GeForce 6600 gt.) I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both WMP and QT to no avail. Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated. Im about to pull my hair out.

P.S. Im running a DSL connection.

Thnx,
RJ

**Edit** Sorry...I failed to mention that when i do try to stream video, it locks up my entire system and i have to a manual restart.

Edited by Dredginator, 26 October 2006 - 08:37 PM.

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
I think you should use Streaming Internet TV and Radio to view streaming videos
http://www.softpedia...and-Radio.shtml

Or try upgrading your WMP

Dredginator

Dredginator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ill try the link you gave me. I hav already upgraded WMP to v 11 to no avail. Thnx for the advice Ill let you know. :whistling:

Dredginator

Dredginator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks for the advice....I tried it..no dice. Im running WMP 11. I have all my updates and plug-ins!

**EDIT** Update....I contacted the Windows media player 11 beta tech support team at MS (that was a mouthful) They are clueless. I spent an hour on the phone with the guy to no avail!!! I even just reformatted AGAIN. It baffles me.

Edited by Dredginator, 27 October 2006 - 02:26 PM.

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Can u tell me the name of the site from where you are tryin to stream videos?

Dredginator

Dredginator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Really anyone that uses WMP or QT. Crapville.com, albinoblacksheep.com, timekillers.com, myspace. you name it