Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New site cannot be searched

• Please log in to reply

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello to all,

We have had a business for about a year now, and decided to have a website built for it. The problem is that it just won't come up on search. In our area we have to market our services. I had read an earlier post but I still don't understand how it works. Please help us with this.

Thank you in advance,

James

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Is the site full of keywords in the contents? Have you submitted it to the big search engines, like Google, MSN, Yahoo? What software did you use to build the site? Have you changed the source code to include descriptions of your graphics and add more keywords? How are you publicizing the site (business cards, telephone book, flyers, mailing lists etc)? Do you have lots of competition? Can you share the link with us? We might be able to give you some tips. Do a Google search for "search engine optimization".
Johanna

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thank you for the reply. I am not sure about any of what you have asked. We do have alot of compatition in our area and I believe that the web is a very important marketing tool for our business. Our site was built by one of our clients in another state but we don't much at all about it. The site is [url=http://www.essentialdecortn.com]. Any advise will definatly be appreciated.

Thank you

James

Edited by firemedic1620, 28 October 2006 - 12:26 PM.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Thank you for the reply. I am not sure about any of what you have asked. We do have alot of compatition in our area and I believe that the web is a very important marketing tool for our business. Our site was built by one of our clients in another state but we don't much at all about it. The site is [url=http://www.essentialdecortn.com]. Any advise will definatly be appreciated.

Thank you

James

The fact that you know nothing about what she mentioned is exactly why your site won't come up.
Having a website is NOT like "Field of Dreams". If you build it they won't necessarily come.

You must be versed in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques as well as having solid content.

If you have no knowledge of SEO or the time to spend making it lucrative and your site's position in searches is of critical importance you might look into various firms that will assist in promoting your site and handling the SEO functions at a cost of course.

This however CAN be done by you or anyone else but requires time, persistence, patience and a solid website with solid content.

As I continually state, Google is your friend, use it often.