Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor keps turning off and on

• Please log in to reply

vinasg

vinasg

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have a Liquid Video 17inch LCD monitor. Lately while booting the system, sometimes it gets stuck in on-off loop. It turns on but then shuts off again in a few seconds, then turns on again, only to be shut off again. So it keeps looping in this on-off state. After a few tries to shut it off manually and turn it on agan, it eventually stays on.
When it keeps turing on and off, I can see the windows screen - so the system boots up ok. Its the monitor that keps turning on and off. Once it stays on, the monitor works fine.

The moitor did not come with drivers, it uses generic driver. I have resinstalled the monitor drivers just to be safe. But it didnt help.

LiquidVideo is a Circuitcity brand, there is not much documentation avl - like specs, users manual etc.

Any ideas??

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Try setting all the windows power settings to always on. It may be that you have a conflict between the bios power setting and the windows settings. The alturnative to this is to disable the power settings in the BIOS so windows can run its own power settings.

SRX660

vinasg

vinasg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks for the response. I moved the monitor to another computer but it still did the same - it looped through on-off cycle several times before staying on finally. This also happens when I power on the system, eventually when it stays on the monitor works fine.
So it may not be the power setting conflict between the BIOS and Windows. BUt I will give it a try. Anything to avoid getting a new monitor, since when eventually it stays on the monitor works fine... its just frustrating when I am turning the system on.