Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install SonicStage

• Please log in to reply

hillrl

hillrl

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am unable to install sonicstage. I have tried everything I can think of. I uninstalled openMG and Sonicstage. I have ran cleanup. I deleted all OpenMG and Sonicstage in the registery. I am able to install the orginal 2.1 version that came with the computer but when I try to install the update to 3.3 or 4.0 I get the following message: Installation process for Sonicstage 3.3 has been terminated. (2051,20703). I don't know what else I can do. I have noticed when it is trying to install the updates it makes it as far as the OpenMG limited patch and that is when the error message appears. Please help, I have been trying to fix this for months. :whistling: :blink:

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
See these links if they are of help
http://forums.minidi...php/t12991.html
http://forums.minidi...?showtopic=8071

hillrl

hillrl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have already tried all that. I have also ran registry mechanic, and Norton Windoctor. I, too, turn off my anti-virus and internet security when I tried to intall the program. From what I can tell a lot of people have this problem; but I can't seem to find where anyone has solved the issue.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit, select all, right click any file, click delete, confirm

Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up, click disable all, click apply, reboot

Try Sonic Stage

If it involves downloading make sure the firewall and anti virus are active when online

If it installs, click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, put the dot in normal start up, click apply, reboot

hillrl

hillrl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just deleted prefetch and went into msconfig. It didn't work. I had already tried the msconfig before, but I was hoping the prefetch might have done the trick but it didn't.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you installing the version for your location?

hillrl

hillrl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yes, I have tried two different versions 3.3 and 4.1 both. I get the same results with both downloads.