Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I have a STRANGE issue

• Please log in to reply

DaLinda

DaLinda

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't know why, but every few days or more often, depending on how my 'puter is feeling, it will freeze the screen with a bunch of colored lines :whistling: The screen goes black, like it's trying to refrsh itself then it's all over... I have a hijack log, can anyone help???

Thanks so much in advance!!

Meffy

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
First, try disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor with the PC shut off. Have a look in Device Manager (Control Panel> System > Hardware> Device Manager) and see if there are any error yellow triangles. No specific event causes the monitor to fail? Is everything else on your system working properly?
Johanna

DaLinda

DaLinda

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Johanna,

I have tried the disonnecting the monitor, several times.

Nothing specific causes it, sometimes when I get up in the AM it's like that, sometimes when I'm reading e-mail, playing games, never really a reason...

As far as i can tell everything else is A-okay...