Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi, any help with IE 6 bug in Internet Options tab?

• Please log in to reply

certifiedbrainless

certifiedbrainless

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am new to the forum. I did search the forum for this problem. The last 2 days I cannot open the Internet Options tab. I cleaned the registry and it seems that the ActiveX controls are the main prob and the freeware called PCsleek repaired the errors, but of course, more keep occurring. I have tried several times to download IE7 and each time I get really bad problems with it and cannot see the webpages. I can use IE 6 to do my online web work, but worried about the non-functioning internet options tab. Tried to download FF2 and it does not have a resume feature so I can't get it to download. Any advice is appreciated! BTW, all the areas where you can access Internet Options tab are non-working. I have cleaned the spyware off, no viruses. Anyone know how to get rid of this evidently IE 6 bug, please??? Thanks! :whistling:

Advertisements

certifiedbrainless

certifiedbrainless

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
PS: Forgot to mention, I also reverted to best working config.