Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New LCD Monitor Problems...plz help!

• Please log in to reply

snypes

snypes

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok I just purchased a Hyvision MV190T 19" LCD Monitor/TV for my PC. The monitor has power and the RGB connector is connected to both the pc and the monitor. However, when I turn on my PC, I don't see any loading screen like I used to. Instead, the display is black and the power button on the monitor blinks like it's in standby or something. Then, a few minutes later, I can finally see my background, but NO ICONS or anything is visable. I tried right clicking and going to properties, but I can't see the menu when I click that. I right click and hit New > (document of a program) and I can't see that either. No start menu, icons, nothing. Also, when moving my cursor to the right, it goes off screen when it reaches the end. This leads me to think that somehow my monitor or pc thinks there's another screen that everything is on (i.e. start up screens, icons, start menu, etc). I can't seem to figure this out. My only options, and they are limited, are changing a few settings on my monitor which doesn't seem to help, or changing the resolution when I right click but nothing works. Please help!! I have an eMachines PC and the monitor is listed above. I have an nVidia video card as well, and the monitor is connected via RGB (not DVI).

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
Reset windows and hit F8 like u want to enter safemode

there will be a menu try and start windows in vga mode.

goodluck