Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message

• Please log in to reply

awk1203

awk1203

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Every time I turn on my computer I get this message and I dont know what it is. Please help.

C:/windows/system32/hctybcc.dll
the specified module could not be found

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Awk1203
Are you sure you have the correct .dll listed

awk1203

awk1203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thats what it says here once again.

RUNDLL

Error Loading C:/Windows/System 32/hctybcc.dll
The specified module could not be found

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Hi Awk1203
Sorry I had to ask you to check. I just can't find reference to that file anywhere, Not at Microsoft not on my computer, not on google.
Does this stop your computer from working or are you able to get past this message.
Have you added any new hardware, Software or downloads before this started to happen
Cheers
Peterm

awk1203

awk1203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
No, it doesn't stop me from working but it is very annoyng. I believe I added some softwares. Actually I found out that my copy of Windows was not genuine and I could not download any software from microsoft. But thats taken care of. After that I downloaded all the updates that the computer asked me. Do you think this is a malware?

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Can never say no to Malware. But you normally get more problems
then you are showing if it is malware.
Before posting a Hijack this log in malware let me ask a few questions.

awk1203

awk1203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
As a matter of fact, I am having a malware problem. I am on the process of cleaning it. Also can not turn off my computer. I know these are different subjects but... Maybe they are related? :whistling:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
are you cleanning your malware through our Malware forum
or are you doing this yourself

awk1203

awk1203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
thru the forum

klay lester

klay lester

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, I am getting a message whenever I turn on my laptop that says Error Loading Di windows, system 32\gzmrt.d11
I click ok,
everything is working just fine, but Im worried
canI fix it with your help?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Klay. Sounds like malware. I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).