Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IBM PS/2 Model 60 Help!

• Please log in to reply

Svip

Svip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this very old computer and now it just doesn't work... :tazz:

The problem is when I launch it, it counts the memory ( 1024 KB OK ), however the number it count is wrong, cause the amount it should be typing is 4098 KB OK.

Since that is the amount of memory in the computer.

After the wrong counting of memory it says:

And then it stops, I can still press F1 or CTRL ALT DEL. On the IBM PS/2 F1 is a disk starter, so when I press it it should launch from the disk. However, the startdisk doesn't seem to work at all, it does absolutely nothing, instead it gives me the IBM Casette BASIC program, where I can write BASIC programs, but I get no Operation System, whatsoever.

The two errors ( 161 and 163 ) means the following:

161: Error with the memory. Arcoding to manual I should just restart the computer and that would fix the problem, but I have been working with this sh*t for 1 day, so guess what? It does not work either.

163: Error with the clock, we then guessed it could be something to do with the battery, however we brought a new one, and nothign works.

So my guessing is that something is wrong with the memory, but I really hope it's a software problem.

None of you might know how to fix it, but incase you do, please help.

NOTE: the computer is 18 years of age.

Please ask any questions to the matter.

Advertisements

Adam James Johnston

Adam James Johnston

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It is a cmos error, i have the same errors on a model 50 i am working on, i just got a floppy drive to work.