Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Disconnects but connection fine!

• Please log in to reply

molesses

molesses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Okay, I've hooked the cable modem right to my pc and it still happens, so I guess that means its not the router. Must be the modem?

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
it would have to be the modem or the coax , because all three pc's are affected. I would schedule a service call with your isp... Keep me posted on how it goes.

molesses

molesses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
i'll give them another call, I called them months ago and they said it wasn't their fault, I'll have them send someone over or give me another modem, since i believe i'm renting this one.

also, i notice when I randomly lag in game, I still can get server messages and hear people talk thru the ingame voice chat system, so its like only certain packets are not getting through.

i'll post again when there are any changes

thanks for everything you've been awesome help so far!!!!!!

molesses

molesses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Okay, I got the ISP to send someone out this saturday, so I won't post untill then.

thanks again for all your help!!!

molesses

molesses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
So the problem was finally fixed. I called the isp before in the past and they blew me off the first time, but after getting someone here to look at it, well it was pretty simple. I had the cable modem hooked up to the amplifier. now after it being hooked up for over a year it started giving me that issue, all that the cable service guy had to do was split the wire so the internet cable goes right to the cable modem and the tv cable went to the amplifier-then to the tvs.

this made me pretty mad since when I had the cable internet installed the guy from the ISP didn't have any amplifiers with him, so he told me to buy one at radio shack and install it myself, he never said to not put the internet cable through the amplifier and now my ISP is charging me over $100 dollar for the 15 minute service call on a part that wasn't their property....

so to make a long story short; don't have your cable modem hooked up to an amplifier.

thanks for all your help again!