Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstall Dell 942 AIO Printer Drivers

• Please log in to reply

Julie-MN

Julie-MN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am trying to reinstall the driver for the Dell Photo AIO 942 printer I purchased with my computer 2 years ago. Drivers will not install from the disk or from the intranet. Online help with Dell proved useless. Error message says "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request." I have tried new USB cord, unplugged, uninstalled, rebooted countless times. Every time I reboot, it detects new hardware and tries to install only to come up with the same error message. I've tried installing through "add printer" options as well. I don't really understand what the error message means, so I'm unclear where else to turn. I've been working on this for two days. Please help - thank you!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would recommend that you go into the device manager and uninstall everything listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Then reboot your computer and let windows auto-detect and install them again. Then uninstall any Dell software that is on your computer that is related to the printer. Reboot your computer. Then plug the printer back in a usb port and when the Found New Hardware wizard appears, let it search the cd for the drivers and install them.

Fenor

NOTE - MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING IS PLUGGED INTO ANY OF THE USB PORTS (Remember to check the front USB Ports too if you have any!) BEFORE YOU UNINSTALL THEM. AND ALSO MAKE SURE TO NOT PLUG ANYTHING INTO THEM UNTIL AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN REDETECTED AND INSTALLED BY WINDOWS.

Edited by Fenor, 29 October 2006 - 06:58 PM.