Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error oxc000005 - Is my RAM stick burning out ?

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Oct 12 '06 11 pm est

Okay....I downloaded the page defrag'er from Snap...it will defragment the page file on next reboot...
....I already have Diskkeeper Pro 10, and have it set to run a primary and secondary defrag job every night in the wee hours....it also has I-Fast, some new fangled deal I don't quite understand, but run it too every night. Pre-set and automatic. Very good app.

I have been scraping and combing the system for malware for a while now. Had a nasty Trojan a few weeks back...and deleted the specimen....so I had to uninstall and reinstall the OS (XP Home).

Already have Spybot S&D, as well as Lavasoft free AdAware, and CWShredder....ran 'em all (plus AVG anti-virus and AVG anti-spyware 7.5....not to mention an expired Trojan Remover 6.5 - great program) in safe-mode with system restore off.

Pulled and deleted all questionable references, then later ran 'em all again in normal mode with system restore on after several days and new updates. The scans all came out clean.

But I liked Trojan Remover 6.5, and it is fully expired now. Trojan Hunter has a free trial download, but is unable to be updated after initial install/update. Besides, it will expire in a few days too anyway.

It's those darn trojans that cause so much trouble.

Well, I have a total of 768 MB of RAM....so what exactly should those two numbers be in the custom page-file box ?
I have 1500 & 1500 in both boxes for both my internal drives.

Trying to sneak a free copy & crack of Trojan Remover 6.5 from P2P prog....but they are all infected !!!! Don't want to get a trojan while trying to obtain a Trojan Remover program, now do I ???

Problem with downloading apps from P2P progs is that many of them are trialware, or have new variants of mal-ware embedded, or are just crummy copies of the so-called 'complete' file.
A few apps I got off of P2P sharing had missing templates, or missing help files, or are somehow goofed-up or infected. I am almost NEVER downloading them anymore since they cost so much in the long run.

- Whoever has encountered automatic weapons or studied the history of warfare probably would rather fight with pens and pencils....if they had any choice. Sometimes, tho, we have no choice. I carry pepper spray (mace) in this here city.

Advertisements