Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open links with IE7

• Please log in to reply

Spidey1275

Spidey1275

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I installed IE7 on my computer and ever since I did I haven't been able to open links on yahoo, msn and a few other sites. When I had IE6 everything worked just fine and I had no problems at all opening links in any site, now with IE7 everytime I have this problem it seems like I have to refresh the pages and move withing seconds to the links I wanna open so that they MIGHT work and open, but if not they are just dead links.
I've checked all my settings on my pop-up blocker and all of that and they are the same as when I had IE6 so I'm clueless on what's causing this links to go dead.

Anybody else having this problem?
Does anybody have an idea what causes this and how can I fix it?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
could you give a little more detail? what exactly happens when you click on a link in a page? does it open a new tab? do you get any errors?

System101

System101

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Check your Pop-Up Blocker controls...

I had a simular problem and attributed it to the Pop-Up Blocker.

You can on a temporary basis disable the popup blocker for certain sites.

check for the yellow bar at the top of the browser window or click on the tools tab.

As of now I wouldn't say malware issues. But follow the advice from the Malware Pros on this site. They know their stuff.

kiehtan

kiehtan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem. In Firefox 2, it works fine, and it worked fine in IE6 before the upgrade. Here's a linkto teh site. The links in the left to navigate the site are dead in IE7. Turned off the pop up blocker but it did not help.

http://scratchfactor...ernSRD/Home.php