Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP- Mixer

• Please log in to reply

penberme

penberme

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I have Windows XP and every couple of times I get a box on the the strip on the bottom of my screen that says mixer. I cannot open it or close it. I've tried to go to the Task List to end the program but it does not show up there.

Thank you,

Mary

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If your soundcard is C-Media for example, you would get that for the volume controls, though you should be able to double click or right click it to open it

penberme

penberme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've tried but I am unable to close it. Any suggestions??

Mary

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does it adversely affect the running of the PC

An option would be to right click the taskbar, click properties, tick hide inactive icons, click customise, look for the mixer icon, click the wording which is either always show, always hide etc, then you get the options to set it to always hide, click apply