Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2142 Battlefield wont even load ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all,
Have just bought 2142 battlefield, by ea games.
Just put the disc in the pcs dvd drive and ,,,, nothing ??? Tried it 8 or 10 times,,, no go,, its just not loading at all.

Checked out the dvd drive,, all working fine, no problems with playing dvds , cds, data discs etc.
, etc.....
Took it back to the shop, got a replacement copy,,, got it home, geuss what,,, nothing, wont load, wont open,,, nothing.

Checking it out by clicking the drive icon in my computer shows up nothing as well.

What on earth is going on ???? first game i have ever bought ( thought it was about time ), and i cant even get it to load. :whistling:

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hi all,
Have just bought 2142 battlefield, by ea games.
Just put the disc in the pcs dvd drive and ,,,, nothing ??? Tried it 8 or 10 times,,, no go,, its just not loading at all.

Checked out the dvd drive,, all working fine, no problems with playing dvds , cds, data discs etc.
, etc.....
Took it back to the shop, got a replacement copy,,, got it home, geuss what,,, nothing, wont load, wont open,,, nothing.

Checking it out by clicking the drive icon in my computer shows up nothing as well.

What on earth is going on ???? first game i have ever bought ( thought it was about time ), and i cant even get it to load. :whistling:

first game i have ever bought ( thought it was about time ), and i cant even get it to load. :blink:

What do you mean by this? Do you regularly download games through bit torrent or p2p?

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi there,

NO,,, I DONT USUALLY DOWNLOAD GAMES THRU BIT TORRENT OR P2P :whistling: :blink: :help:

I am " GEEK IN TRAINING ",,, Are you blind, or just ignorrant ????
I am fully aware of the rules and guidlines regarding becoming a member of geek uni,,,, why on earth would i be posting a thread that might be involved with illegal activity and p2p downloding,,,

I think we are " ALL " , too quick to jump on someone because we have a hint or feeling that they might be doing something illegal

Please have the decency to read the problem ,,, not try to see a hole in the thread you can attack,,,

This is the first game i have ever bought for my pc, i dont download anything that is ilegal,,, :)

I havent ever played any games on my pc before, i have a PS2 for games, but my brother in law has been pushing me to get involved in the gamers society,,, onlone and all that lark,,,,

Went to tescos today,,, did some shopping,, thought " why not " bought a decent looking game that appeald to me,,,, wont load,,, took it back,,, got another copy,,, still wont load,,,,

Something wrong with my DVDROM drive,,,, HAVE WE GOT THAT CLEAR :rofl: :rofl: :help:

If you havent got anything constructive to say regarding this problem, then stay inside that little tiny shell you call a brain, and find another thread to push your un-informed opinions on,,,, I have a problem with my DVD drive,,, not with downloading pirate material :lol: :D :)

I have the greatest respect for the admin and tech experts on geeks to go,,, which is why i got involved in the first place, i certainly didnt expect to be labbeled as a downloader of pirate material,,,,

HOW DARE YOU

Edited by rxkevco, 30 October 2006 - 08:28 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hi there,

NO,,, I DONT USUALLY DOWNLOAD GAMES THRU BIT TORRENT OR P2P :whistling: :blink: :help:

I am " GEEK IN TRAINING ",,, Are you blind, or just ignorrant ????
I am fully aware of the rules and guidlines regarding becoming a member of geek uni,,,, why on earth would i be posting a thread that might be involved with illegal activity and p2p downloding,,,

I think we are " ALL " , too quick to jump on someone because we have a hint or feeling that they might be doing something illegal

Please have the decency to read the problem ,,, not try to see a hole in the thread you can attack,,,

This is the first game i have ever bought for my pc, i dont download anything that is ilegal,,, :)

I havent ever played any games on my pc before, i have a PS2 for games, but my brother in law has been pushing me to get involved in the gamers society,,, onlone and all that lark,,,,

Went to tescos today,,, did some shopping,, thought " why not " bought a decent looking game that appeald to me,,,, wont load,,, took it back,,, got another copy,,, still wont load,,,,

Something wrong with my DVDROM drive,,,, HAVE WE GOT THAT CLEAR :rofl: :rofl: :help:

If you havent got anything constructive to say regarding this problem, then stay inside that little tiny shell you call a brain, and find another thread to push your un-informed opinions on,,,, I have a problem with my DVD drive,,, not with downloading pirate material :lol: :D :)

I have the greatest respect for the admin and tech experts on geeks to go,,, which is why i got involved in the first place, i certainly didnt expect to be labbeled as a downloader of pirate material,,,,

HOW DARE YOU

The reason I asked was the way it was typed.
I had to ask this because the way you worded it sounded fishy. I ask this question if I think or even speculate anything of this nature. No harm was intended. You could of just said no. I wasnt mean in any manner I just asked a simple question. I have seen members that got banned even 1k members and geek in training that posted help on p2p or torrent topics so its nothing new.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Hi there,

If you havent got anything constructive to say regarding this problem, then stay inside that little tiny shell you call a brain, and find another thread to push your un-informed opinions on,,,, I have a problem with my DVD drive,,, not with downloading pirate material :whistling: :blink: :help:

HOW DARE YOU

That was quite harsh as I didnt flame or get all over you .. It was one simple question how can that turn into what you typed? LOL

Anyway I will not say anything but I really want to.

Usually these guys come in here with all these third party virtual drive programs on there pc's and ask the same question as you because the third party drives like alcohol, daemon along with the others can cause conflicts on your Main or REAL dvd rom drive. Especially if they have like 2 or more of these programs installed at the same time. So I had every right to ask a mere 1 simple question. If I had a small brain I wouldnt be here. Read my posts and you will see. Now you can see why I asked the question. Did you reread the way you typed your question? Sounds iffy huh? I dont appreciate the way you reacted.

Okay im going to help you.

Try updating the firmware of your dvd rom drive.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi rxkevco,

You can get firmware updates from the manufactuers website.
I would recommend you look on the label on the top of the drive to get the correct model.
If that doesn't work try changing the transfer mode of the drive to PIO only mode or try using a different DVD drive.

I would also like to add that you completely over reacted and that I think that you owe JRM an apology.

Edited by ZEUS_GB, 31 October 2006 - 04:15 AM.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Ok, Fair enough,,

Maybe i did overreact a little, my appologies to jrm20, and anyone that was offended by the nature of my reply.
I am an honest person, who has nothing to do with P2P or BIT TORRENT downloading, and i took badly to even the slightest hint that i may have something illegal on my pc.

I have updated the firmware from the manufacturers website,,, there is no change ,, the drive will not play dvds or the game i bought...

The drive isnt working,,, nothing more to it !!!

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Sounds like the drive is dead. Replacements are readily available, cheap and easy to fit.