Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes

• Please log in to reply

wilzn2

wilzn2

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I am having trouble with my computer freezing up when I try to click web page links that are included in an e-mail.

For example, I am on a particular forum which notifies me via e-mail when an answer has been posted to my topic. When I try to click on the link in the notification e-mail, my e-mail freezes up.

I had this trouble several months ago, and got it resolved. However, I also just solved a different problem with my Control Panel using System Restore this morning, and during that resolution, Hewlett-Packard recommended that I disable System Restore and then enable it, since I was having trouble getting System Restore to work in normal mode (I had to go to Safe Mode in order for it to reset to a previous date). That means that I lost all of my restore points before today. Therefore, I cannot use System Restore to go back to a date when the above problem didn't exist.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisements