Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply

allcanwin

allcanwin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an emachine, model t1150. The speakers sometimes would cut out. I used to jiggle the cord to make it work, but this doesn't help anymore. Any suggestions on how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind, that I am a non techie. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
borrow some speakers...plug them in...if they work without any problems then its your speakers plug thats the problem...if you have the same problems with the "new" speakers..then its the mobo or pci connector thats bad

allcanwin

allcanwin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the quick response. I am not sure what a mobo is, but is something that can be replaced easily or is simpler or time to get another machine?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
mobo=motherboard...

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Essentially, he's saying that, if new speakers do not solve the problem, then you go out and buy a $10 PCI sound card, and put it in the system.

allcanwin

allcanwin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks so much, you guys are great! Thanks for putting up with my lack of basic knowledge.