Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connect (dial-up) by just opening browser?

• Please log in to reply

Taswegian

Taswegian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been helping friends who have a dial-up internet connection and they'd like to be able to connect up by just opening their browser i.e. without having to first open 'internet connection' and hit 'dial'. I can't seem to find the setting I need to change to enable this and I'm hoping someone may be able to put me on the right track - the browser they use is FF.

Thanks in anticipation of any help you can provide.

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections tab, click "Always Dial my Default Connection"
Should work in FF, as it uses global connection settings.

Edited by Kurenai, 01 November 2006 - 05:53 AM.

Taswegian

Taswegian

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for that Kurenai - I'm a Mac user & little things like this in the PC world often stump me! I'll pass the info on to my friends & hopefully it'll do the trick. :whistling: