Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual booting RH Linux and Win XP tutorial

• Please log in to reply

mridang_agarwal

mridang_agarwal

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hey guys,
Could someone suggest an exceelnt tutorial for a guy for dual booting XP and Red hat Linux. I know i'll probably get the reply 'googling never killed anyone!' but I did Google around but the results were so many that I quickly got lost. I already XP installed on my PC and I was looking for a simplistic solution so that later I wouldn't have to say 'What the !@#$ happened to my XP?'
Thanks in advance guys!

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
The safest bet is to use a bootloader, I'd say either PQ Boot Magic (not so good anymore), Acronis OS Selector (alot better), or Lilo/grub (excellent ones although I never worked with em)

google up either one of em, lilo and grub you'll want to consider for their price... 0$ :whistling: