Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wordpress Help (Permalinks)

• Please log in to reply

Jaysun

Jaysun

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have my host on a windows based server and I want to change my permalinks on my Wordpress software to %postname%.html. The problem is that it requires .htaccess and the service that I use don't have that. I would like to still use permalinks. Can anyone help me make it happen? Here is the help link for Wordpress Permalinks.

Thanks in advance for all your help and support. Have a blessed day! :whistling:

Advertisements

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I'm not sure if you've already tried this, but if you login as an admin, go to options - permalinks (or wp-admin/options-permalink.php inside your wordpress folder), there will be a place to add structure tags.

Not sure if you've already tried this either, but the article recommends http://www.keyboardf...IIS-Permalinks/ if your web host allows a custom 404 page.