Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Presario V2000 Wirelessly blind

• Please log in to reply

johnlh

johnlh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got this laptop and at first it seemed to work fine as far as wireless connection. I even connected (although very difficult) to the house network (i am visiting a friend).
Now sometimes when in my bedroom it detects the linksys network but it can never really connnect. The signal is very low. So I thought that if I get closer to the router (linksys WRT54GX4) it will get connected. Right now I am 2 ft away and it doesn't see any network whatsoever. Sometimes it sees some neighbours' network.
I updated the driver for the Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN adaptor , I updated the HP Wireless Assistant, I went to the tutorials. Nothing.
Can any of you help me to figure out this?
Thanks,
John

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello johnlh and welcome to G2G, :whistling:

I just need some answers for a few questions and then we will get started on troubleshooting:

1) What operating system are you using on the pc in question (please include and updates or service patches) ?

2) What type of Ip Scheme are you using (Auto / Static / PPoE) ?

3) What type of connection do you have (Cable, Dsl, Dial-Up) ?

I even connected (although very difficult) to the house network (i am visiting a friend).

4) Has the friend given you permission to access his network ?

Thanks.