Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game worked before, but doesn't now.

• Please log in to reply

Emilystrange419

Emilystrange419

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had an ATI RADEON 9200 video card installed into my computer and now I can't get my favorite game to work (Might and Magic VI). When I attempt to run the program I get a message that says c:\windows\system32\Autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows application. I tried it on my other computer too and I get a message that says video driver not a DirectDraw driver. Is there anyway I can fix these problems or do i need to retire the game :tazz:
§Emily§

Advertisements

stratman

stratman

• Pip
  • 6 posts
its sounds like to me that the game is trying to run in dos mode, what operating system do you have, and have you changed anything before it quit working

Emilystrange419

Emilystrange419

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My operating system is Windows XP ... and other then the installation of the video card, I don't think anything had been changed before it quit working.

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
see Keith's reply at:

http://www.geekstogo...&hl=autoexec.nt

ali_1992

ali_1992

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
u need a file called xp fix its 170kb so its small just search for it it will fix da prob there was a complaint in sims in the game post find it there in a repliy

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
try this - see Keith's post:

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
one more try:

bdlt

bdlt

• PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
see post #7, don't know why posts links for #4 and #6 do not work.

vahi

vahi

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i had that problem too, but got it fixed, its a glitch in some windows files that you need to run those programs, what you need to do is replace the files, i did a search about the problem and got help from the microsoft support thing, but hopefuly you won't have to do like me and go pay $100 for a new windows XP disk cause mine was pre installed when i bought my comp (you need to get the uncorrupted files from the disk, if you need any help getting them PM me) hope this helps you

~vahi~

stratman

stratman

• Pip
  • 6 posts
well what mb is the game and what size is the graphics card you might try running the game in safe mode