Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

aol ... a o [bleep]

• Please log in to reply

starcraft

starcraft

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
wasnt sure where to post this

anyway the past few nights i keep getting realkly slow speeds like half a meg when i should be at 8meg, ive hard this froma few ppl now that they are going to reduce the bandwidth between certain times at night which totaly stinks when im paying for 8meg at £30 per month but what also keeps happening is i keep loosing my connection and have to restart my computer every time, ive tried calling them every night but ebd up sitting for about an hour waiting to speak to someone so i was wondering if anyone here has had the same problems and howdid they resolve them ?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Are you sure you have to restart your system to reconnect? Have you tried the repair connection function in XP?

AOL may not be reducing the available bandwidth, the problem might be that many users are competing for it. Are you connected through dsl, cable or dial up?
Johanna

starcraft

starcraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
its adsl i understand alot of ppl may be using it but to drop from 8meg to half a meg surley cant be rite ?

where do i find teh reconnect on XP ?

thanks for ur reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you right click the "Local Area Connection" in the Notification area (by the clock) you can repair XP's connection. If the problem persists, you might want to call your ISP and ask them to check out your connection.
Johanna