Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Warcraft 3

• Please log in to reply

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I'm not a gamer, but my teenage sons are. Any help that someone can provide will be appreciated. Here's the issue, as concisely as I can put it.

- I have set up limited user accounts for my kids on our home computer (Windows XP SP2).

- I have included all games that my kids wish to play in the "All Users" subdirectory under "Documents & Settings" subdirectory.

- All games run for my kids except Warcraft 3!?

- When attempting to run Warcraft 3 they receive a message that they must be logged on as Administrator, which I will not allow, to run the game.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions will be appreciated.

By the by.... this issue concerns only local gaming, not online (multiple player) gaming.

Happy trails.

Advertisements

Jazza

Jazza

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hey ProEd.

In this game can you some how connect in anyway?

If so you will have to maybe disable it if you can or maybe it's because of the rating of the game Eg. If its a M15+ game then you would probly need Administators permission to access the WarCraft3.

Maybe if your children want to play this game you could let them onto a Admin account disable the internet and make sure they dont change any settings.

If you dont feel comfortable leaving you children alone with an Admin access then if you have a second computer put it in the room aswell and do work or something on that while they are playing there game.

I dont really think that there is away around this problems but there are solutions.

:whistling::)

Edited by Jazza, 03 November 2006 - 04:04 AM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. How far do they get to playing on LAN before you get this message? As soon as they click on the LAN button?

ProEd

ProEd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Jazza & Stormknight6.... Than you for your replies. My responses to your questions/comments.

Jazza.... The game can be played successfully with Administrator rights (that's my login). I allow one of my teenage sons to play the game with my login. So far he's been safe. The other son, never going to happen on my computer. I've spent countless hours and weeks cleaning up malware and settings changes that he created in the past. As for M15+, the game cover shows a "T" for Teen rating, rated by ESRB (whoever that is). There is no mention af any Mxx rating. How can I determine this? However, most of their games are rated Teen and they all work fine on any account. I could visit Blizzard's (manufacturer) website but I thought I'd start here for third party, unbiased, support.

Stormknight6.... We have no LAN, just a single home tower PC. And my sons are not allowed to play online.

Thanks again :whistling:

Happy trails.