Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Discs with new Laptop

• Please log in to reply

hawthorn

hawthorn

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Hi. Just enjoying my new HP laptop. It came with MS Works installed but as i have an original copy of MS Works Suite 2005 I thought Id install that instead. I decided it would be better to uninstall MS Works ( it is, isnt it...?). But I noticed I dont have discs to any of the software installed on the Laptop. There is 12Gig space taken up with a recovery programme, on a different drive, it seems. I imagine all the programmes are in there.

But what if i wanted to install MS Works or any of the programmes on the pc some other time? I dont have the discs and may not want to reformat the entire HD.

I thought they had to supply original discs for all programmes, but I was told that that had changed. Does anyone know the position, and what should I do?

Thanks

h

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Please check in the start menu accessorys folder to see if you have the "recovery disk creator" program listed there.

http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c00608578

When i tried making a recovery disk from a laptop puter i got an error stating "no valid boot image in recovery partition". So i called H-P , told them what i was doing and the error message, and they sent me a recovery disk set for the laptop that worked.

SRX660