Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Extensis Suitcase

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi folks, a few weeks back I started using Extensis Suitcase to manage my fonts in the computer because the large font collection was significantly slowing down many applications such as Photoshop.

The first step of the practice was to move all the non-essential fonts out of the default Windows/Font folder. I think I moved all my Chinese fonts by mistake by later I moved them back and they installed successfully.

But now I've got a problem - I can see Simplified Chinese in conversation windows and emails on the web. But not on the "frame" - the MSN Messenger Frame, any webpage header so when I shrink things down onto the taskbar and they all have Chinese titles it'd be a string of squares showing.

I checked the system font folder and it's got all the Chinese fonts that was there. But why is this happening? Could anyone help please?

Advertisements

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
By the way, I reinstalled the "files for East Asian languages" by unticking the option in Regional and Lagrange Options - Languages then reboot, then reticked it again.

IT DID NOT CURE THE PROBLEM.

The funnier thing is, I just logged into the other account on the computer and all my Chinese fonts are showing perfectly. What could've gone wrong in mine?