Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

200 to xp upgrade accounting software won't work

• Please log in to reply

tgegare

tgegare

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I upgraded our office computer from Windows 2000 professional to Windows XP today. When I tried to open our Sage Timberline Accounting Software the windows installer opened and it asked me to insert the "Timberline Accounting Server" CD. There is no CD with this name only several software CDs and several update CDs. We are currently running Timberline version 9.2.1. It does say it is compatible with windows xp, I ran the compatibility advisor and nothing came up regarding Timberline. Timberline only provides support M-F 9-6 pst so if i can't solve this my bookkeeper will have nothing to do for five hours on Monday. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Advertisements

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Fully back up your database and reinstall the software? I've always been a bit suspicious of OS "upgrades" that don't fully reinstall the OS.

tgegare

tgegare

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I reinstalled the last upgrade of the accounting software and that did the trick! Thank you for your help!!