Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Losing Internet connection?

• Please log in to reply

tresars

tresars

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My son and I play an online game together.About two minutes into the game it will kick us off and says your internet connection has unexpectedly broken and then take us back to home page of game.We are still connected to the internet and able to restart with same outcome everytime we log on to game.We are connected via a linksys router to comcast cable modem.Game tech says game requires constant internet connection and thus if internet connection goes down for a second will get kicked off game but still connected to internet because browser doesnt notice disruption.But we've played same game and same setup on network for over a year.Linksys and Modem both operating fine.These problems just started 4 days ago and only when playing Disney Toontown Online game...Any Ideas??? I've tried new modem,new router,updated firmware...nothing works....

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
When you say "we are still connected because browser doesn't notice disruption", you can be disconnected (or disconnect manually yourself) and your browser would not necessarily notice anything -- the current web-page would still be staring at you. So the web-browser alone does not prove you are still connected. More accurately, you may be still connected to the internet but have lost the connection to the game server. That might not be a local hardware issue at all (esp. since you've tried different hardware). Could be the game server is losing you cos it's unable to handle all the traffic at particular times of day.