Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Huge black space in the add/remove programs list

• Please log in to reply

Darth_Hatter

Darth_Hatter

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hey, recently my add/remove programs window has been taken up by a huge area of black. its hard to explain so ill show you.

Posted Image

its kinda annoying and i have never seen it before so i have no idea what to do about it.

anyone have an idea? or know how to fix it?

thanks,
Rob

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Well according to me there is a problem in the registry . Download some registry cleaner like Tweak regcleaner
http://www.download....4-10262639.html

Also try this
1. Start the registry editor
2. Select [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE]-[SOFTWARE]-[MICROSOFT]-[WINDOWS]-[Uninstall]
3. Back up the Uninstall branch (step 2) by exporting it to your desktop
4. Open the Add/Remove programs control applet. Note the last good display name in your Add/Remove program List. Then close the control panel applet.
5. Go back to the registry editor. Find the program uninstall key from step 4 above in the registry. (Using only the branch in step 2) Select the NEXT uninstall key.
6. Delete the uninstall keys one at a time until you find the offending uninstallation routine. After each deletion, open the Add/Remove programs applet and look at the display to see if it is fixed. Remember to CLOSE the Add/Remove program window before deleting the next key.
7. When you find the correct key, make a note of it.
8. Your problem is not fixed if you deleted some GOOD registry entries. At this point you MAY have deleted BOTH GOOD and BAD registry entries, depending on how lucky you were.
9. The next step explains how to restore the registry to it's prior state.
10. Close the registry editor. Right click on the file you saved in step 3. Select Merge.
11. Your registry is now back to where it was ORIGINALLY.
12. Now open your registry editor and select the key from step 7, and delete it. Your problem should now be fixed and all good entries intact.