Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burn DVD

• Please log in to reply

nightowl33

nightowl33

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:whistling: Having copied a short film from a friends DVD to 'My Documents' I then burnt this onto a DVD-R disc using 'Cyberlink Power2 to Go', and also Nero software. The problem I am having is trying to play the DVD-R disc on my DVD Player although it plays well on my PC. I have even tried playing it on a friends DVD Player which is multi region with no success. Any help would be appreciated if not to technical. Thanks.

Advertisements

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
have u made DVD video or Data DVD??

nightowl33

nightowl33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for quick reply officialblueboys. I am fairly new to this side of the PC world, so I believe it could quite well be a data DVD, because when I tried to use video in 'Power 2 GO' and it asked for the filename which I gave there was no response when clicking on the open box, so I suppose it did not reconize it.

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
what is the format of video files that u've?

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You need to buy software that can convert to DVD-Video MPEG2 format if you want to play it on any standalone DVD player (and the region code is irrelevant -- home-made DVDs don't have one unless they are illegal straight copies of commercial dvd-videos).

nightowl33

nightowl33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Officialblueboys. The file is Mpeg (not 2).

montyraj

montyraj

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
because you burnt it with nero it ight be that the file your playanig is oly surrpoted by nero so try gong to properties if it is mpeg good avi bad and so it wont play on dvd if its avi no matter watt u do just find a dvd converter or tee clickk play with and choose another type tell me wat system is comping on your computer when u play it4444444444444$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
U've to first convert mpeg files to DVD files

http://www.accurates...mpeg-to-dvd.htm

nightowl33

nightowl33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:whistling: Thanks alot officialblueboys, tried accurate solutions and it worked a treat

officialblueboys

officialblueboys

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
ur welcome