Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nv4_disp & freeze in-game

• Please log in to reply

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
I installed the chipset you told me to install, but its still doing it :whistling:

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Download 3dMark and run the benchmark tests.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/

Does it crash when running them?

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
What should I run? I don't see benchmark tests. I see on the bottom Run 3DMark, Image Quality, Filtering & AA, Graphs, Demo, and Game.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Click run 3DMark.

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Ok, sorry I took so long. I will probably get you back on the weekends or on/before thanksgiving.

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Ok, it went fine for the first graphics test, when it got to graphics tests 2 it gave me that error with the send error report or don't send. Guessing it crashed.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Did you try any of the steps in the Steampowered article I linked to?
Have you tried a BIOS update?

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Umm, I tried some of the things there but not sure really of what ones to try...

And no I have no idea what a BIOS update is.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The BIOS update can be found on this page under FlashBIOS updates.

After having massive problems with the latest drivers, i've now come to the conclusion that the series 9 drivers are crap. I was getting blue screens and a lot of my games were freezing. Try rolling back your drivers to 84.21 which is what i've done and so far i've had no more problems.

The steampowered article has details on forcing a DirectX mode I was going to ask you to force a different mode to see if it crashed.

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

The BIOS update can be found on this page under FlashBIOS updates.

After having massive problems with the latest drivers, i've now come to the conclusion that the series 9 drivers are crap. I was getting blue screens and a lot of my games were freezing. Try rolling back your drivers to 84.21 which is what i've done and so far i've had no more problems.

The steampowered article has details on forcing a DirectX mode I was going to ask you to force a different mode to see if it crashed.

Well, it says my driver version is like 6 or something... how would I roll it back to 84.21.
Also, someone said not to do the BIOS update because 1 thing is messed up in there your whole computer goes.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Rolling back would mean uninstall your existing drivers and install the 84.21 drivers.

If you were using Direct Diagnostics to view your driver version then the last four numbers are the version. For example 6.14.0010.8421 would be 84.21.

The reason I posted about the BIOS update is because certain people have had freezes and crashes when using ASUS motherboards. Updating the BIOS cured the problem for them. The Dell motherboard you have could be a re-badged ASUS.

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Oh, the last numbers are 9371, so do I click roll back? i was using device manager also

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You don't have the others installed so roll back isn't going to work. The only option is to uninstall and reinstall.

kws_divine

kws_divine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
But I need to get the 84.21 driver to install it, I dont see it anywhere on the nvidia site.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_84.21.html