Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

processor help plz!

• Please log in to reply

raeman

raeman

• Pip
  • 7 posts
my processor is not running at full speed. i dont o why. i have a AMD atholon 64 3500+ and it runs at 1ghz. i heard something about cool and quiet. help plz

Advertisements

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
What are the CPU settings in your BIOS? Do you have it underclocked for minimun noise and fan speed? The athlon 64 3500+ is supposed to clock in at 2.2 Ghz.

--Chris

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

my processor is not running at full speed. i dont o why. i have a AMD atholon 64 3500+ and it runs at 1ghz. i heard something about cool and quiet. help plz

is this a laptop or desktop? if its laptop, open the bios, more than likely its on power saver mode. runs the cpu slower and screen darker to save the battery

raeman

raeman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
nah its a desktop. i dont no how to fix it. some one said about cool and quiet

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
nice one mr. rae dont explain it in detail. Basically hes got a Compaq desktop PC and it has Cool and Quiet enabled and there is no option for disabling it in the BIOS. I reckon he should get a new motherboard because there is no BIOS for that motherboard to disable it (well only a really bad BIOS with no options for the CPU).

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

nice one mr. rae dont explain it in detail. Basically hes got a Compaq desktop PC and it has Cool and Quiet enabled and there is no option for disabling it in the BIOS. I reckon he should get a new motherboard because there is no BIOS for that motherboard to disable it (well only a really bad BIOS with no options for the CPU).

speaking of which try updating the bios

raeman

raeman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
how do i do that

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I think he should just get a new motherboard hes just got new low lactancy RAM that runs at high lactancys because there is no option to set anything in the BIOS.

AnthonyJ

AnthonyJ

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

how do i do that

most boards are differeent but check at the man. site for the bios and it should tell you how

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
you arent listening his motherboard has a [bleep] BIOS and i have looked for a BIOS and there is no option to change cool and quiet

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Cool & Quiet slows down the speed of the processor when it's not doing anything intensive. Therefore if you was to do something heavy with the computer, such as a game or something that requires a lot of processor power, your Athlon 64 3500 will speed itself up automatically. This is a feature of this type of processor. There is nothing wrong, its supposed to do that.