Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Video

• Please log in to reply

poppyal

poppyal

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi, Everybody. I'm working on a Soyo P4VGA mobo. When I turn the system on, there is no video. I have re-set CMOS and tried different video cards, even changed the memory, but nothing works. It has been using the on-board video. The system seems to run, just no video. If I leave the system set long enough it will then boot. I know that there is a virus called "trojan.duntek" that is, I guess, in the "faultrip.dll" but Mr. Norton can not get rid of it. Could that be my problem? I certainly could use some help - again. Thank You.
P.S. - The system must be unplugged and sit for a while before I can get it back.
P.S.S. - I've also tried Soyo's idea to hold the "insert" key down while booting, but that didn't help either. And, there does not appear to be any bad components on the mobo itself.

Edited by poppyal, 06 November 2006 - 10:38 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.symantec....t...-99&tabid=3

they seem to have a removal

Kurenai

Kurenai

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 494 posts
Do you get video right when the system POSTs, it should be a Soyo splash screen?

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Yes. It was unplugged for a bit, and when I turned it on I did get the Soyo splash. It is now running.

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Thanks for the response.

poppyal

poppyal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Thanks for the response. Now, when I reboot, I get a "BIOS Checksum Error" and it will only boot from drive "A". And the Soyo splash screen is not showing. What is going on? Please!!!

Edited by poppyal, 06 November 2006 - 11:04 PM.